A warm welcome to Aigas self catering cottages, golf course and farm.
Our central location is close to the Highland capital of Inverness, loch Ness, Glenstrathfarrar and Glen Affric.
Our family run business was established at Aigas in 1960 and is now run by three dedicated generations of the Masheter family. We extend a warm welcome to all holiday visitors who come to stay with us and will help you to make the most of what Aigas, the surrounding area and Northern Highlands can offer.
- Attractive and comfortable self catering cottages in a peaceful setting.
- A memorable golfing experience on our own challenging nine-hole parkland course with well equipped practise area. Our holiday cottage clients enjoy 50% off all green fees.
- The cottages are nestled amongst forest trails, in a farmyard setting and only a short walk from the first tee of our golf course.
- Explore the local Aigas forest trails.
- Perfect spot for bird watching with Raven, Buzzard, Peregrine and Osprey nesting nearby annually.
- Home to other interesting wildlife namely Red deer, Roe deer, Pine Martin, Red squirrel and Otters.
- Free trout fishing from our fields on the banks of the river Beauly including access for your own canoe.
- Coffee shop with good local tourist information about other things to do (open April – October)
- Central Highland location ideal for exploring the North, East and West coasts.
Our self catering holiday cottages at Aigas each sleep 4-6 persons and are traditionally built in stone with slated roofs and have all been tastefully renovated and well equipped for family holidays.
There are four courtyard cottages sharing a garden area with a games room, laundry room, well equipped golf practice area and coffee shop nearby.
A short drive from the courtyard, we also have a cosy hillside cottage in a more secluded setting with a commanding view overlooking the farm.
We developed our 9 hole parkland golf course (par 33) as part of a farm diversification project in 1993. It is well known for being extremely picturesque, challenging and well manicured and has always been hugely popular with our holiday cottage guests. There are very few places where you can be on the first tee just 2 minutes walk from your front door.
There are a further 25 courses within an hours drive which includes three of the very best prestigious Scottish Golf Courses: Castle Stuart golf links (35mins), Royal Dornoch (1hr) and Nairn (50mins) .
During the summer months cattle, sheep and ponies can be seen grazing on our fertile pastureland on the valley floor and in the less fertile fields at a much higher level 250 feet above sea level stretching above and behind the Aigas forest. Remnants of the ancient Caledonian pine forest can be found on our moorland at this higher level and the viewpoints looking East across the Beauly firth to the Highland capital of Inverness and West, towards the ever dominant ‘ Beinn a’ Bha’ach Ard’ are well worth seeing.